If you work on a computer regularly, then you might be aware about Trojan horse virus and its affect on your computer. It is a virus, which gets attached to some files in your computer and programs that you download from internet. The main characteristic of this virus is that once it gets a way into your computer it starts destroying the files secretly. This is designed in the form of useful software, but it does just the opposite, as it poses many problems for your computer.
Features of Trojan horse virus
The main difference amid a normal computer virus and a Trojan horse is that it is not specifically developed for spreading themselves. In its place Trojan horse virus is downloaded either as an infected file from internet, or as payload of some other virus. This virus is capable of stealing end-user information and downloading other malware to a computer too. To fight with this treacherous virus, your computer is equipped with firewall and you can also install antivirus software in your system. However, an antivirus is not always effective against Trojan horse, so at that instance the way out of the problem is to remove Trojan horse virus manually.
Steps you have to follow for manual removal
There are some simple steps, which you can follow to remove Trojan horse virus manually. These include:
- Recognize the Trojan: After recognizing a file infected with Trojan horse, it becomes easy to remove it. Usually, your system will give you DLL error, which is associated with Trojan attack. You can copy the error and find out about the affected exe file online.
- Stop the function of system restore: If you forget this step, then it will restore the files you will delete.
- Restart you computer: when you restart, press F8 and then select safe mode to start your computer.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs: You will find this in the control panel, and then remove the programs affected with Trojan horse.
- Remove extensions: To delete all files of a program, you should remove them from Windows System folder.
Once you have done the following steps, you should restart your system in normal mode this time.
Other ways of removing the virus
Another way of removing Trojan horse manually include steps such as:
- Display the hidden folders from the folder options
- Then restart the system in safe mode
- Then stop the processes that are associated with Trojan virus.
However, to complete these steps, you will have to edit your system’s registry.
Points to remember
For moving the infected files from your registry, you will have to find the file in your RUN folder. Further, when you find the folder you will have to delete the dlls and exe files related to the Trojan names and then finally delete the value. You should also check the Startups and see what programs are loaded automatically when you start your system. This is method is good for those, who have some knowledge about editing the registry. Otherwise, you will have to use an advanced program for removing the Trojan horse virus from your system.
Ok, I need Help removing Trojan Horse
Deleting a Trojan Horse virus manually is very difficult. Fortunately, the latest anti-malware applications are very effective at removing Trojan horse virus, as well as, other malware that may be damaging your PC’s performance.
Best Application for Removing Trojan Horse Virus
The best application for removing Trojan Horse virus is Watchdog Anti-malware. Watchdog is fully compatible with Windows 8.1/10 and offers a free scan to identify Trojan horse viruses and other malware threats.
Download Watchdog Anti-malware