The list of viruses keeps on growing and a new virus is added to it regularly, making it important to keep an eye on the list of latest viruses to find out ways to shield the system from their attack. It is good to be on the safe side when it comes to virus attacks, as it can result into data loss and other computer damage. Finding information about latest viruses is not a difficult task, especially with reliable sources publishing latest information about new viruses.
An online search can generate a list of latest viruses, indicating the level of their dangers and ways to protect your system from them. Some of the latest viruses calling for attention include:
- Backdoor.ICRBot.Dorkbot.A: This virus spreads on a low scale and the level of damage is also low.
- Java.Trojan.Downloader.OpneConnection.AI: It spreads at a very high rate, but the damage is of medium level.
- Backdoor.Lavandos.A: this virus spreads at a medium pace, but the damage done to the system by this virus is pretty high.
- RedCrossAntivirus: This virus belongs to the category of Adware and the threat level is not very high.
If you have a reliable antivirus program installed in your system, then this will not only provide you protection from virus attacks, but also informs you about latest virus developments and important news about online scams. When your antivirus programs provide such information, it is better to go through such news, as this will make you aware of the scams, and prepare you to face them on time. You should look for symptoms of various viruses, so that you can recognize them before they lead to any serious damage to your system and then take measures to eliminate them.
Various attacks and countermeasures to prevent them
Threats can be classified according to the purpose and goal of virus attacks. The main categories of virus attacks include sniffing, spoofing, tampering, repudiation, denial of services, information disclosure, etc. You should take steps to prevent the attacks as per these categories. Some of the steps for prevent virus attacks are listed below:
- Spoofing: This sort of attack tries to access your system via fake identity and to prevent it filter the incoming packets, which seems to come from internal IP address and filter the outgoing packets as well
- Sniffing: The main way to prevent such attack is to encrypt communications completely and using sturdy physical security
- Denial of services: For preventing such attacks make sure that your antivirus program is updated regularly and harden your TCP/IP stack